1 head of green cabbage, shredded
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 T. olive oil
1 whole chicken – 4-5 pounds
2-3 T. natural taco seasoning mix
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Add shredded cabbage to a large cast-iron skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Pat taco seasoning mix over the chicken surface. Place chicken on top of the cabbage in cast iron skillet.
4. Place skillet in oven.
5. Cook for 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
6. When fully cooked, remove from oven and serve by carving meat from the bird, or cut into quarters and serve on the bone alongside braised cabbage.
* For a heartier meal, add cubed potatoes to the cabbage and cook as directed.
Inspired by The Standard Process 21-Day Purification Cookbook