5 (6 – 7 oz) bone-in, skin on, chicken thighs
4 T. olive oil
1 ½ T. red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced (approx. 1 T.)
1 T. each – fresh thyme, sage and rosemary, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large sweet potato (about 16 oz), chopped into ¾-inch cubes
1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
2 medium fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about ¾-inch thick
2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about ¼-inch thick
4 slices hickory smoked bacon
2 T. chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pour 2 T. olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 T. olive oil then toss to evenly coat
- Place chicken thighs over veggie/apple layer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate any pieces of bacon that may be stuck together; sprinkle bacon on top of chicken-veggie mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30-35 minutes (chicken should register 165 in center). Broil during last few minutes for a more golden brown crispy skin on chicken if desired.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm.
Inspired by www.cookingclassy.com