½ cup raw almonds
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
3 T. cocoa powder
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (used for coating)
1. In a high-speed blender or food processor, add the almonds and blend until a coarse and crumbly.
2. Add the shredded coconut and dates, and blend again, regularly scraping down the sides to ensure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
3. Add the cocoa powder and mix again. If the batter is not thick enough (it should resemble dough), add 1-2 T. of water until the correct consistency is achieved.
4. Transfer the raw cookie dough into a bowl. Form into 12 balls and roll each one in the extra shredded coconut.
5. Place on a lined plate or tray. If desired, press down on each one with a fork to flatten and form a crisscross pattern in each.
6. Refrigerate until firm.
Inspired by Whole 30