6 cups lettuce leaves of your choice
2 cups leftover roasted turkey, shredded
2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
1 cup toasted walnuts
Roasted pumpkin ingredients
3 cups chopped, raw pumpkin into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Cranberry dressing ingredients
1 cup cranberries, (thawed, if frozen)
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1-2 teaspoons honey (to taste)
3 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped pumpkin, curry powder, salt, pepper and olive oil and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Allow to roast for 30-45 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked through and starting to caramelize.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and blend using a hand blender or food processor.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce leaves on a large platter then top with the shredded turkey, roasted pumpkin cubes, sliced apples, walnuts and dressing.
- Toss and enjoy!
Inspired by: https://paleoleap.com/leftover-turkey-salad/