1 lb. boneless pork chops
3 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large white onion
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup coconut cream
¾ cup chicken or vegetable broth
Parsley (for garnish)
Ingredients for the seasoning
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the pork chops with paper towels to dry.
2. Combine all ingredients for seasoning in a small bowl. Cover both sides of the pork chops generously and place in the hot pan. *Don’t move the pork chops in the pan as they are searing. Allow them to brown on each side for about 3 minutes, turning once. When finished, set aside on a plate.
3. While pork chops are cooking, thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic.
4. After removing the pork chops, add sliced onions to the same skillet. *Do not wash the skillet before adding the onions.
5. Reduce the heat and cook the onions on low for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
6. Add the garlic and vinegar, season with a little salt, and stir. Sauté together for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Stir in the coconut cream and broth, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Return the pork chops to the skillet.
8. Bring liquid to a simmer and cook everything together over low heat for another 5-6 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked through. *Timing will depend on the thickness of your pork chops. Internal temperature once rested should be 145° F.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and serve pork chops with a spoonful of onions and sauce, and your favorite green veggie.
Inspired by Cook at Home Mom