1 boneless pork loin
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 cup apples, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
¼ cup shallots, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Butterfly the roast by cutting lengthwise about halfway through the roast. Then angle the knife and cut horizontally almost all the way through, on both sides, and unfold the pork.
3. Cover the pork loin with 2 layers of parchment paper and flatten the loin using a rolling pen or meat hammer.
4. In a bowl, combine the mushrooms, apples, cranberries, toasted walnuts, shallots, garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and the maple syrup or honey (if using).
5. Spread the mixture over the opened pork loin.
6. Roll up tightly and secure the pork with kitchen string.
7. Place the stuffed pork loin in a roasting pan and cook in the oven for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 145° F.
8. When ready, remove the string and serve!
Inspired by Paleo Leap