2 lbs. bone-in short ribs
Salt and pepper
½ yellow onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed, tough outer layers removed, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup beef broth
¼ cup coconut aminos
2 tsp honey
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Place the onion, carrots, celery, lemongrass, ginger, and garlic into the slow cooker.
2. Generously season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear the ribs in the pan until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Place into the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, coconut aminos, honey, and red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture over everything in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for 9-11 hours.
6. Remove the lemongrass stalk and place the ribs on a serving plate.
7. Let the braising liquid sit for 5 minutes and then skim any fat off the top.
8. Pour about a cup of the liquid over the ribs.
9. Top with sesame seeds and cilantro to serve. Enjoy!